Pomegranate tree in pot often becomes zinc deficient, which is indicated by yellowing leaves. To overcome this, you can spray diluted zinc solution on foliage.
Ornamental Pomegranate Plant Care
Plants that do not bloom are not getting enough light. Put your tree where it will get a bright light with some direct sunlight every day. Moving it outdoors for the summer is ideal. Just be sure to bring it back before the temperature drops to 50 degrees at night.
Heat should be second on your pomegranate seed care list.These seeds will germinate at normal room temperature in about 30-40 days.Bring the soil temperature up a few degrees and you can cut this time in half.Try surrounding your plant with foil and placing it in direct sun until the seedlings sprout.
||Full Sun to Partial Shade
||Well-drained, sandy loamy soil
||5 degrees F ( minus 15 degrees C)
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Ornamental Pomegranate Plant Special Feature
Cottage gardens, wild gardens, meadows, prairies and naturalized areas. Good fresh cut or dried flower.
Ornamental Pomegranate Plant Uses
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
- It can be kept indoor in living room and terrace area
- Consider cutting back plant stems in late spring before flowering to reduce overall plant height
- Cutting plants back to lateral flower buds after initial flowering will tidy the planting and encourage additional bloom
- Plants may also be cut back to basal foliage after bloom