Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant in morning sunlight for atleast 3 to 4 hours or in bright indirect light .
- Protect the Raphis palm from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Raphis palm.
Application of Fertilizer
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- Rhapis palm are sensitive to excess boron, fluoride, and chlorine in water supplies, which will cause fast spreading black tip burn. Use the purest water available until the problem is corrected.
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Raphis palm with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- New fronds come out from the center of the trunk. Trim off lower leaves as they age and become discolored.
For re-potting procedure click here
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Raphis Palm Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light after that move it to direct sunlight.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
||Well drained soil
||16-27 degree Celsius.
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Raphis Palm Special Feature
Excellent air purifier plant.
Raphis Palm Uses
- It makes an excellent container or house plant