One of the most used interior landscape plants is the aglaonema. Aglaonema has been grown as luck-bringing ornamental plants in Asia for centuries.What makes it special:
- NASA recommended air purifier plant.
- Popular low maintenance plant.
- Plant for AC rooms, office desk, etc.
- Best indoor plant with colored attractive leaves.
||Aglaonema dud anyamanee, Aglaonema anyamanee (Green, Pink) - Plant
||5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Aglaonema is a demanding plant considered to be a shade tolerant plant with glossy pink-green leaves with a cream color patch. The leaves of the species are oval and the trunk is erect. The plant is often grown in offices due to its unpretentiousness and beautiful ornamental leaves.
||12 inch (30 cm)
||6 inch (15 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Aglaonema dud anyamanee, Aglaonema anyamanee
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Up to 1.21 meters
||Easy to grow
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
- Protect the plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing aglaonema plant.
Application of Fertilizer
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season but do not let the plant dry out completely.
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
For re-potting procedure click here
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not place your plant in bright direct sunlight it can burn the leaves of plant.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Aglaonema Dud Anyamanee Care
The most preferred method for aglaonema propagation is propagation via stem cuttings, but can also propagate through seeds and root cutting. Propagation by seeds- Take the fresh aglaonema seeds which are found at the base of mature plant flowers, wash the seeds in H2O mixed water or in acidic water, prepare the seed germination soil mix or coco-peat mix, spread the seeds at the top it and cover very lightly. Place it in indirect sunlight, recommended temperature for seed germination is 25 â€“ 35-degree Celsius. It may take up to 45 -60 days for seeds to germinate.
Propagation via stem cuttings- Stem cutting is the most preferred method of propagation, cut the new shoots with minimum five leaves or old plant stem with a sanitized cutter and plant it into the soil or coco-peat mix. Place it in indirect sunlight, if the temperature is above 20-degree Celsius, new shoots will emerge from cuttings in 25-45 days.
Propagation via root cuttings- This method is the safest and assures success, the plant is separated from the mother plant with roots and planted in a new container and kept in indirect sunlight, newly planted plant starts building own root system in quick time like 5 -10 days. 15 -35-degree Celsius temperature is ideal for this method.
||Bright light but no direct sunlight.
||soil should be well-drained and fertile.
||16 to 30 degree C
||Apply any organic fertilizer.